[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] [BETA1] PVideoInputManager in pwlib and gm + v4l,avc plugins

Ok, new day, new thread,

Attached to this mail is the beta1 release of the manager, and of the
v4l and avc plugins. I would like to see it included in the -cvs
packages, for more testing.

To patch gm, only the gm.patch needs to be applied. For pwlib, one needs
the pwlib.patch, and copy vidin_manager_dlopen.cxx to src/ptlib/unix.

Typing make in the pwlib-plugins-beta1 directory should be enough to get
v4l.so and avc.so, that belongs to /usr/lib/pwlib/video/. Sorry, the
Makefile still sucks: there's no install and no depedancy checking. I
would say the avc plugin build-depends on libraw1394-dev and libdv2-dev.
Two packages, libpt-avc and libpt-v4l, with gnomemeeting-cvs depending
on libpt-v4l would be a nice way to manage it, I guess. Any help to
insert the plugins in the pwlib build system, say placing them in a
plugins/ dir, like there are tools/ and samples/ dir, would be welcome!

It is known to work with today's debian -cvs packages, namely:
* gnomemeeting-cvs: 20030801.CVS-1
* libpt-cvs: 20030730.CVS-1
* libopenh323-cvs: 20030730.CVS-1

I checked:
* running gm untampered with those packages (works, as usual, only with
my webcam);
* running gm untampered with patched pwlib, no plugins (no regression in
sight, only with my webcam);
* running patched gm with patched pwlib, no plugins (only the moving
logo is available, no crash, no glitch);
* running patched gm with patched pwlib, and the plugins (both my usb
webcam [ie: v4l] and my avc cam tested: no problem!).

What I really need:
* there are three "FIXME" in the .cxx, the second of which bothers me
seriously: it is ugly;
* comments about the manager API;
* testing in more various configurations, to ensure there's no
regression;
* help to include the plugins in the pwlib dir;

I'll make the dc plugin now, but I have no way to test it.