Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Testing of new snapshot.

Le mar 31/12/2002 à 11:43, Jonny.Strom a écrit :
> Hi
>
> - Went trough the configuration druid and the sound test with a 5 sec
>    delay did work ok for me.
>
>    (One thing I was missing there was the settings for the mixers,
>     I don't know if that should be there or not it might be good to be
>    	   there as well together with the /dev/dsp* settings)

I agree. I will try to add them. But it is hard to do. I'll add mixer
selection and mixer sliders soon.

>    (One other thing I noticed with the testing of the mic was if
>     I choose /dev/dsp2 as recording device (that is TV for me) and
>     playback on the soundcard (/dev/dsp) then the sound started to play
>     immediately but with about 1/5 of the speed.
>     So the sound was in "slow-motion" :) What I don't know is if the
>
>     same thing happens if one uses an other soundcard for mic than for
>     playback??

It doesn't happen here... I guess it is a bug... Can others confirm?

> One thing I am missing in this snapshot is the video/sound test in
> gnomemeeting like it was some days ago I think it would be good if one
> could test video and sound at any time at least I use it quiet often
> now-days :)

for video, there is the video preview button on the left toolbar, and
for audio, there is the druid. I think, but it can be discussed, that
the 2 tests buttons in the "Control Panel" were misplaced. Testing the
configuration should be done with the Configuration Assistant and not in
the normal GUI I think.

> PS. Will continue to test more and I have RH 8.0 snapshots on my page :)
>
> Happy New Year

Same for you Happy NewYear !