Re: [GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Test

Le dim 22/12/2002 à 19:43, Damien Sandras a écrit :
> Matthias has tested last GM snapshot with the new video changes and
> bandwidth limitation.
>
> It didn't work for him. The quality and the FPS didn't decrease. The
> quality stayed at 100% and the video bandwidth exploded to more than 40
> kbytes/s.
>
> We can't do a release with that bug. Would it be possible for the
> maximum of people to test this?
>
> It is easy, connect to the MCU, move your webcam around, and watch your
> bandwidth. Also watch if the quality decreases when the bandwidth is
> consumed.
>
> If nobody tests, or fixes the bug, I don't release 0.95.
>
> Thanks,

I did some testing this morning, with the *-cvs*.deb from www.gm.org;
dating from the 22/12/2002; here are my settings:
- Maximum Video Bandwidth: 2
- Minimum Transmitted Video Quality: 100
- Minimum Transmitted FPS: 1
- Background blocks transmitted: 2
I have connected to an openmcu on my lan, shaken my cam like I wanted it
to get sick, and couldn't push my eth0 interface above 13.3 in
gkrellm...

I tried to push the Min.Trans.FPS to 3, to push the MaxVidBand to 5,
etc, but nothing made my eth0 explode up to 40...

Perhaps Matthias can tell us more about his settings?