[GnomeMeeting-devel-list] Re: New mailing list

ons 2002-12-04 klockan 17.48 skrev Damien Sandras:
> the new mailing list has been created 3 days ago,

Great!

> and some people are
> not yet subscribed (including menthos, and .... migras, manty, Good-It,
> dominance, ...).

Well, noone had announced it, so I didn't know it existed, and I think
that's proably true for others too. I can't subscribe to a mailing list
I don't know exists...
In any case, I subscribed now.

> We can't really start discussing if the mailing list is empty. How can I
> propose something, for example, if migras is not there to tell me I'm
> wrong and that my idea sucks? ;-)))

Yes, but please remember that this is an open list, so it doesn't hurt
if you also announce it openly, for example on gnomemeeting-list. That
would both help the people interested in contributing, and the
"ordinary" users wondering why gnomemeeting-list perhaps becomes
somewhat more quiet.

On a related note, I think the description on
http://lists.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/ is wrong. It currently says
"GnomeMeeting developers' mailing list". I thought we agreed that all
contributors were welcome to discuss GM development on the new list, not
just the current developers, so that the people that don't consider
themselves GM developers just yet, but still contribute or plan on
contributing, also feel welcome. Thus, a description of "GnomeMeeting
development mailing list" would probably be more appropriate.

> More seriously, please all people here subscribe to the devel ml.

Did that now, but please don't forget to announce to others on
gnomemeeting-list too.
Should probably make clear in that announcement that this new list is
for GM development discussions, and usage questions "does GM support
H323?", "I can't get GM to work" still should go to gnomemeeting-list.
Bugs as always should go into bugzilla :)

Christian