Re: Let's get rid of deprecation warnings

On Wed, 2018-03-07 at 18:08 +0100, Iñigo Martínez wrote:
Hi,

As a side comment, when porting g-c-c to meson, I also added support
for `_PPD_DEPRECATE=""` macro definition, which should be added if
CUPS' version is higher than `1.6`. However, this triggered a lot of
errors, so although it's present in meson's build files[0], this
compiler flag is not applied.

That's not really "deprecation" though. That'd be equivalent to
GLIB_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED in glib, or GDK_VERSION_MAX_ALLOWED in GTK+,
to avoid using functions which are only available in versions newer
than what we're targeting.

In this case, it would mean we either need to bump the required version
of CUPS, or use older functions which were available in 1.6.

I suppose this should also be checked within this task. I wanted to
figure out what is actually happening, but lately I haven't had much
time.

Best regards,

[0] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/blob/master/m
eson.build#L139

Hi,

On Wed, 2018-03-07 at 00:59 +0000, Georges Basile Stavracas Neto