RE: gnome-control-center display blank has no effect

-----Original Message-----
From: Rui Tiago Cação Matos [mailto:tiagomatos gmail com]
Sent: Friday, 06 June, 2014 18:27
To: John Frankish
Cc: gnomecc-list gnome org
Subject: Re: gnome-control-center display blank has no effect

On 5 June 2014 14:26, John Frankish <j-frankish slb com> wrote:
I do not see any error messages, what would be the best way to
troubleshoot the problem?

$ /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon --replace --debug > ~/gsd- debug.log
2>&1

and attach the log in a bug report.

Thanks - bug report attached from a desktop machine (mac mini) on ac
power.

Using dconf-editor to examine org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.power I
see "sleep-machine-ac-timeout" = "3600" and "sleep-machine-ac-type" =
"nothing" where the options are "hibernate" and "suspend".

In fact the above should have read:

"sleep-inactive-ac-timeout" = "3600"
"sleep-inactive-ac-type" = "nothing"

As per dconf-editor the choices for "sleep-inactive-ac-type" are nothing/hibernate/suspend, but when I click
on "nothing", the choices displayed are blank/suspend/hibernate/inactive/nothing/logout.

Selecting "blank" solves the problem and the screen blanks after the correct amount of time.

Why doesn't gnome-control-center -> power -> power saving -> blank screen set this correctly?

Cheers
John