Re: Message from Krzysztof Dryja (dryja aspexi com)

Hi Krzysztof

On 31 Jan 2014, at 03:20, dryja aspexi com wrote:

Hello Rodrigo,

I am trying to solve the issue with gnome-shell volume change on mouse scroll, which is extremely annoying
because the volume step is not configurable and is hardcoded to 10%.

I've noticed that you removed this configuration here
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-settings-daemon/commit/plugins/media-keys/gsd-media-keys-manager.c?h=gnome-3-6&id=1a9eea8224d41643a8a7a05d799198058e36e1a8.
 Why is this not configurable anymore? Can I workaround it?

I don’t remember the exact details, but looking at the patch, I think it was because it didn’t make any sense
to have that setting under org.gnome.settings-daemon, rather, it should be, if really needed at all, with
other sound related settings.

Moreover there are many people finding this as an issue, for example
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-settings-daemon/+bug/871133.

I imagine that you might be very busy or not involved in the project anymore, I also must say that gnome
(gnome shell especially) is a really good job.

I haven’t been really involved in g-s-d for a couple years at least, so CCing the GNOME CC mailing list so
that you get a better answer from Bastien or any of the other contributors.

cheers

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards
Krzysztof