Re: gnome-wacom-properties does not detect tablet

On Mon, 2013-10-07 at 14:33 -0700, Chris Michael wrote:

I'm doing some feasibility work on a Linux (CentOS 6.4) workstation
remoting system. Specifically, I'm connecting a tablet to a client
which connects to a remote workstation over a LAN/WAN. The workstation
has a PCI driver that communicates with a PCIe add-in card. The add-in
card connects over the network to a remote client device. The PCI
driver registers input driver(s) similar to what's done in the wacom
driver (input-wacom-0.18.0).

We expect the USB devices to show up on the USB bus, not on the PCI bus.
You might need to debug and modify libwacom (either the tablet
definitions, or the discovery code there) to recognise your "exported"
devices.
<snip>
Do you have any suggestions for me to pursue?

I tried to find the source code for the gnome-wacom-properties
utility, in hopes that I could figure out why it doesn't recognize the
device, but so far I haven't had any luck. Do you know where I can
find this?

gnome-wacom-properties is a backport of the wacom panel in GNOME 3.x
versions. In your case, the problem is lower down in the stack anyway,
so there should be no need to modify the GNOME configuration itself.

Cheers