Network Settings Plans

Hi all,

I've recently been looking into how we can improve our experience
around networking. What we have in System Settings is cobbled together
using nm-connection-editor, which isn't ideal. System Settings needs
its own network settings dialogs. There are also improvements that can
be made around adding new connections and selecting wireless networks.

A collection of wireframes can be found in the GNOME design repository
[1]. A quick introduction to each one:

 * Notes on a new arrangement of widgets for add/remove lists (to be
used in IPv4/IPv6 configuration):
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/ui-patterns.png

 * List of wireless connections:
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/wireless-panel.png

 * Wireless settings dialogs (this mockup is the template for all the
other network settings dialogs):
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/wireless-settings.png

 * Panel and variations on the settings dialog for wired connections:
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/wired.png

 * VPN panel and settings:
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/vpn.png

 * Dialog for adding a new connection:
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/add-connection.png

 * And last but not least, wireless hotspot:
https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/raw/master/system-settings/network/aday/png/hotspot.png

As ever, comments and questions are welcome. I'm still missing
wireframes for DSL and mobile broadband, I'll try and get those
figured out soon.

Allan

[1] https://github.com/gnome-design-team/gnome-mockups/tree/master/system-settings/network/aday/png
----