Re: Planned "Sound Settings" improvements

On 10/19/2011 01:00 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 12:46:39PM +0200, David Henningsson wrote:
Over the coming months, I'm planning to make some improvements to
the "Sound Settings" dialog. While my primary target is the upcoming
Ubuntu 12.04 release, I believe it will be of mutual benefit if this
functionality also becomes part of GNOME.

What timeline are we talking about?

Good question.

When is Pulseaudio 2.0 due, when are the patches going to be integrated
(before GNOME 3.4 freeze?), etc?

I don't know Gnome's release cycles very well, but I had a look at https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointThree - seeing the dates there, I would assume either 3.4 or 3.6, somewhat depending on when the release manager of PulseAudio (Colin Guthrie) decides that PulseAudio 2.0 is ready for release. How many months from a released PulseAudio 2.0 we are at this point is very difficult to guess.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic