Re: Remove the Screen settings proposal

Need to see the implication into the other panels. Will look into it.

chr

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Christian Giordano
<christian giordano canonical com> wrote:
> It's name, especially in some languages, can be easily confused with
> Hardware>Displays. Its content can easily be moved elsewhere.
> I was thinking of moving brightness into Hardware>Display and Lock into
> System>User Accounts after Automatic Login, which is related.
> Interestingly enough, the Screen is also the second panel, with Universal
> Access, which uses the switch widget in a inconsistent pattern.
> Any opinions?

The similarity between 'screen' and 'displays' is a serious (known)
design bug [1]. It would be great to get some movement there.

I've thought about combining the two, or perhaps restricting
'displays' to multi-monitor use cases only. It'd be interesting to see
mockups for your ideas. You might want to look in the design repo [2]
- there is a proposal for the screen panel in there already.