Re: Map Library

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 14:05 -0400, Michael Terry wrote:
> Bump!  Any thoughts on the idea of splitting out the map widget into a
> library (new or existing) for easier use by other packages like
> Ubiquity, other installers, etc?

There's no plans for it. I'd find it particularly hard to believe that
your employer would want to use GPL-non-attributed code in Ubiquity,
given how hard we had to work to get the source files for the map used
in that widget (which we still don't have, despite the brave efforts of
some of your colleagues).

In my opinion, most users shouldn't even see this map during the
installer, or afterwards, given a working Internet connection. I'd want
the system to figure out where the user is by default.