Re: GTK+ 3.x for gnome-control-center

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 22:19 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Heya,
>
> In turns, Rodrigo, Richard and myself committed changes to
> gnome-control-center to make it compile against GTK+ 3.x

Well, I applied Richard's patches, but same difference :-)

> This is not quite finished, as we still depend on libmetacity-private
> for the appearance preferences.
>
> Thomas, any plans on the trimmed-down personalisation capplet/panel?

Yes, I've been deliberately putting off porting the current "Appearance
Preferences" application to a panel because this is one of the areas we
wanted to make significant changes.

Unless there are any objections, I'd like to just concentrate on the
"Desktop Background" preferences of a replacement settings panel and
leave out font and theme settings until we have a better place for them.

Regards,

Thomas