Command Center issues

Hi all,
Not sure where to start, but here it goes. I have installed Gnucash using Fink and have it currently running fine. The fonts on the application are too small and I want to make them larger. I was told on the Gnucash mailing list that I could use gnome-control-center to set the font. I have figured out how to run the control center but have a problem. When I select the Appearance button in the command center window, I get errors such as this in the terminal window

** (gnome-control-center:725): WARNING **:
error raised: [libslab_get_gconf_value: error getting /desktop/gnome/ applications/main-menu/lock-down/user_modifiable_apps]

** (gnome-control-center:725): WARNING **:
error raised: [load_xbel_store: couldn't load bookmark file [NULL]
]

** (gnome-control-center:725): WARNING **: get_actions_list() - PROBLEM - Can't load gtk-theme-selector.desktop

** (gnome-control-center:725): WARNING **: get_actions_list() - PROBLEM - Can't load gnome-cups-manager.desktop

(gnome-appearance-properties:729): appearance-properties-WARNING **: Unable to monitor directory /sw/share/gnome-background-properties: Unable to find default local directory monitor type

(gnome-appearance-properties:729): appearance-properties-WARNING **: Unable to monitor directory /sw/share/gnome-background-properties: Unable to find default local directory monitor type

It seems to be random chance that the changes I make stick after I close the command center. So

Is this the best way to try to set the fonts in the Gnucash application?

Can I do something to command center to make it more reliable in saving my changes?

I am just about in over my head so please try to explain any solutions in a step by step process. Thank you

Marty