Re: gnome-control-center 2.22 proposals

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 20:51 +0200, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 17.09.2007 14:55, Denis Washington wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 13:51 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > > * what do we do with keyboard shortcuts? Should it just continue on its
> > > own?
> >
> > I would leave it as separate capplet, as it also doesn't fit well into a
> > general Input Devices capplet IMO.
>
> Consider that there is an enhancement request for keybindings to also
> support mouse buttons and stuff [1] and things might suddenly look
> very different...
<snip>
> [1] ... even though I can't seem to find it at the moment [2]

That's probably because I closed it as WONTFIX, as I haven't seen a
single sane reason why we should support "mouse button" bindings. Funky
buttons on mice should appear as keyboard buttons (such as the cycle
workspace and tile windows on my Logitech mouse), so this wouldn't be a
problem anymore.

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>