Re: Mouse a11y tab

On 10.11.2007 21:36, Francesco Fumanti wrote:
What about using the last picture of revision 34
of page [2] to start the discussion of the
mousetweaks tab? In fact, the layout [1] is not
correct anymore, as the "enable mouse a11y"
checkbox has been removed as suggested on your
page [1].

I like Denis' version better, but that may just be
me. In any case, the tab layout needs to be integrated
in the glade mockup, so which of the two we start from
doesn't matter terribly much.

In layout [1], the ignore little movements slider is missing.

Isn't that what the standard X sensitivity (threshold)
option does? Do we need it twice? What's the
difference?

In fact, in clicking with gestures, the click is
only performed if the user does the gesture when
the shape of the pointer is a cross. If the user
moves the pointer while its shape is the usual
arrow, he can move the pointer without any click
happening.

Er, I sincerely hope this does not depend on the pointer
being "a cross" (whatever that means). You are aware that
pointer themes can turn the cursor into whatever they like,
right? Or does MouseTweaks set the pointer itself?

A few more general questions:
- Are there any people that maintain the mouse capplet reading this list?

Yes, control-center maintainers are reading this list.

- When and how will the decision be taken about
what layout will ship with GNOME 2.22? On a
Summit?

As soon as we can agree on a design. I'm not aware of any
summit in the near future that could be used for face-to-face
discussions.

- Mousetweaks is still in the module proposal process; could this be a problem?

No. If we (g-c-c maintainers) and you (MT devs) agree that
MouseTweaks should not be a separate module, but included
in g-c-c, then basically your proposal is moot, and we'll
just add MouseTweaks integration as an item on the g-c-c
roadmap for 2.22.

Jens