Re: Capplet organization

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 13:24 +0000, Alberto Ruiz wrote:

> There is space left on the left panel under the categories check
> buttons to a "Most Used" or "Last Used" capplets list. Experienced
> users, tend to tweak the same parameters and therefore, they tend to
> use the same capplets. This could be a partial solution for that.
> Another option would be to have a "Bookmark area" to drag and drop the
> capplets that you want to have quick access to. What do you think?

Both are reasonable suggestions, although I don't have any data around
to suggest if people really are significantly more likely to open
recent/bookmarked capplets than any other capplet, at any given time...
maybe Novell does, as they've been looking at it more recently.

(My personal experience would suggest that people do visit a small
number of capplets the most often, but that said, MacOS used to have the
bookmark feature in its control centre, and they removed it in OS X...
would be interesting to know why.)

Cheeri,
Calum.