Re: Capplet organization

On 3/13/07, Denis Washington <dwashington gmx net> wrote:
Hello,

For merging some of the capplets for 2.20, we may need a different
organization inside the dialogs themselves; a simple notebook may not
suffice, as  it's one-level organization might lead to too many tabs. So
I think some kind of two-level organization would be nice. I already
suggested the (in)famous notebooks-in-notebooks some time ago:

http://ultimum-projekt.de/mockups/keyboard.html
(ignore the actual content, my point is the organization)

I also like the the icon bar organization from KDE land, described in
the draft of the KDE 4 interface guidelines:

http://wiki.openusability.org/guidelines/index.php/Practical_Examples:Configuration_Dialogs

I'm very curious about your feedback; do you maybe have alternative ideas?

Nested tabs is worse than what we currently have; don't do it.