Re: Pluggable settings daemon

> Is there any way we could have Out-Of-Process plugins as well? This
> would allow finer-grained X events filtering (ie. per-process) and would
> reduce the wake-up rate (so gnome-settings-daemon wouldn't wake up for
> every keypress).
As I've already said on GUADEC, OOP plugins could  be a dangerous idea
- it would lead to slow startup time. At the moment, GNOME startup
sequence is highly optimized, and IMHO one of the reasons it is so
fast is because there are not many processes starting up. Please do
not spoil that beauty;)

Cheers,

Sergey