Re: Notifications for build & release issues: gnome-control-center

Hello Elijah

> Apparently the desktop module gnome-control-center has recently been
> split into two separate modules, with libgswitchit and libkbdraw being
> pulled out into a separate module named libgnomekbd.
There were two virtual CVS modules: libgswitchit and libkbdaw (which
were top-level directories in gnome CVS) were used in
gnome-control-center. Now, we do not need them as virtual modules any
more (well, except for support of 2.16-). They are excluded from
configure.in and Makefile.in in g-c-c - instead, the dependency on
proper module libgnomekbd is added. Same thing about gnome-applets (they
also had libgswitchit and libkbdraw).

> but release set modules need to be updated and build tools need to be
Yes, that is true.
> updated; for future changes like this, can you send an email to d-d-l
> before making such changes so that we can make sure to get things
OK, I will. Though I do not foresee any changes of that kind in a
future.

> updated?  If I didn't understand the change correctly, could you
> comment on what it is and what it means so we can figure out how the
> release sets, the build, and other modules are affected?
Other modules are not affected. The only module which is planned to have
this dependency very soon is gnome-screensaver.

Sorry for not responding yesterday, my internet connection is
problematic now...

Regards,

Sergey