Themes MIME type

Hi,

I was discussing with thos the possibility to create a new MIME type for the themes packages so users can handle them with double-click once they download them.

The process to register a new MIME type on the system, according to The Official GNOME 2 Developer's Guide is the following:

We should add two files into $(PREFIX)/share/mime-info/, name.mime and name.keys, where name is the application identifier or application suite. We should decide which application identifier to use and which file extensions to use, I'll take gnome-themes for the example purpose and

gnome-themes.mime might look like this:

application/x-gnome-themes-gtk
   ext: gtf

application/x-gnome-themes-metacity
   ext: dtf

application/x-gnome-themes-metathemes
   ext: mtf

gnome-themes.keys might look like this:

application/x-gnome-themes-gtk
   category=Theme/Gtk
   [es]category=Tema/Gtk
   description=Gtk Theme Package
   icon_filename=gtk-theme-package.png
   default_action_type = component
   open = gnome-theme-manager %f

application/x-gnome-themes-metacity

So, we should discuss which identifier to use, which extension name to use and how mane extension names we would choose.

Greetings,
Alberto Ruiz