Re: Single Instance Capplets

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 01:30 -0700, Joachim Noreiko wrote:
Since Iain has written up a nice article on how to implement single
instance programs with dbus[1], I'd like to know people's thoughts about implementing this in the capplets.

There's a summer of code project related to this: http://live.gnome.org/SingleInstanceApps
I can't see any reason why any of the
capplets should be open more than once at a time

Neither can I.

right, let's do it. Now that Sergey is going to commit his CORBA->DBUS
patch, we can use DBUS with no problem, so yeah, who's going to write
the patch? :-)
Well, I assume we wait for the Summer of Code project mentioned above to be completed, and then use that?

-Thomas