Single Instance Capplets

Since Iain has written up a nice article on how to implement single instance programs with dbus[1], I'd like to know people's thoughts about implementing this in the capplets. I can't see any reason why any of the capplets should be open more than once at a time, and it has caused me confusion on more than one occasion (I assumed that trying to open the capplet again would raise the existing capplet, not open a second instance). It'd be nice to have this done the same way for all applets, so any thoughts and suggestions on how to implement this?

-Thomas

[1] http://www.o-hand.com/~iain/single-instance-with-dbus/making-single-instance-programs-with-dbus.html