Re: gnome-control-center's future

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 15:18 +0200, Denis Washington wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to ask a question about the control center: will SLED's control center be integrated int gnomecc? Or will the gnome-control-center be improved? I was working on the latter option, but now I'd like to ask about it so I don't do any redundant work.

we are right now waiting for Scott Reeves (SLED's slab author) to tell
us about the steps needed for integrating his code. So yeah, we'll
probably integrate it, if there are no big problems found.

One of my thoughts that applies to both Denis' and Scott's new shell is that there seems to be quite a bit of redundancy in the interface. As I was mentioning to Rodrigo on IRC, the other categories in the sidebar seem a bit useless when you have a default "All" category. This "All" category already displays the other categories, so I would suggest either removing the "All" category, or removing the sidebar. One thing I would mention about the "All" category is that it makes using the shell at low resolutions less easy, since you will almost always need to scroll to find what you need.

Either way, I'm sure there is plenty we can improve on the design put forward so far.

-Thomas

Denis: I tried to reply to your earlier (offlist) e-mail, but your ISP blocked my mailserver, so I can't reply directly.