4 problems with control center 1.4.0.1

First of all the necessary specifications (imho) :
control-center : 1.4.0.1 (patched for crash-on-exit problem, i noticed this
was included in 1.4.0.3)
gnome-vfs : 1.0.4
gcc : 2.95.3 (patched for atexit bug)
gnome-libs : 1.4.1.4
glibc : 2.2.5
I compiled and configured everything myself and my linux distribution is
based on linuxfromscratch
I also tried control-center 1.4.0.3 but the same problems occured.

1. When I clicked on one of the categories of the control center and I want
to quit I got the following error messages :
---
** CRITICAL **: file gtk-multiview.c: line 318 (gtk_multiview_remove):
assertion `list != NULL' failed.
** CRITICAL **: file gtk-multiview.c: line 440 (gtk_multiview_set_current):
assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (child)' failed.
Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `(unknown)' to `GtkWidget'
---
This does not happen when I just start and quit control center. Only when I
clicked something.

2.  When I try to click the file-types I don't get any default file
associations to view and the following error message :
--
** CRITICAL **: file file-types-capplet.c: line 569 (list_reveal_row):
assertion `row_index >= 0 && row_index < clist->rows' failed.

3. I can't see any gtk themes in the themes selector, I don't get any error
messages. I installed gtk+ and gtk-engines. I 'm not sure if this problem is
control-center specific, but it still would be nice if someone could point
me in the right direction for fixing this.

4. This certainly is not control center specific, but I mention it anyway :
--
Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_signal_disconnect_by_data(): could not find handler
containing data (<some hex number>)

I really hope someone could help me with one (or all) of these problems.

Kind Regards and thanks a lot in advance,

--Thomas