Re: xscreensaver capplet.

On 24 Jul 2001 02:11:06 -0700, Jamie Zawinski wrote:
> xscreensaver already has a configuration UI.  It comes with
> xscreensaver, and is called xscreensaver-demo.  It works standalone
> or as a capplet.
that's great, I didn't even know it! It's made with gtk! :)

I think all JWZ's reasons (and there are many, not only 2-3)
are right to use (and improve if it's the case) xscreensaver-demo,
no need to duplicate code (there are other things to work on)

Full-screen preview is nicer then then the one in a little box.
As JWZ said, if MS does it, GNOME doesn't have to do it too.

I've started kde out of curiosity to see how it is there,
it's almost as in windows (just looks worse). Yuck! And it
seems they did their own xscreensaver! Bad, bad, bad...
Don't forget that xscreensaver it's used on systems without
gnome.

Marius Andreiana
--
You don't have to go to jail for helping your neighbour
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/