Re: Usability Study Report - Clock problems

Well, the thing is that just solving the problem for the clock applet is not the
solution. Just because Clock was the only thing they tested doesn't mean it's the
only usability issue :) - it's a pointer to a greater problem with applet usability.
I know James Cape and others have discussed the idea of some sort of centralized way
for configuring applets, but I don't know if that got anywhere. Basically,
configuring the clock, tasklist, desk guide, etc all need to happen in the same
place. Perhaps this points towards making the preference windows for the applets
into some sort of capplet-ish thing which can be embedded into a main panel applet
preference window... I'm not sure of the solution, I just know that making it easier
to configure the clock isn't going to solve everything. :)

Julian