Re: window manager configuration

"Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero" <famrom infernal-iceberg com> writes:

> IMHO focusable root window would be pretty nice. Supposing you have
> icons there (I do not have icons, so it will not be important for me,
> but others will love it) and you can navigate them with keyboard
> (implemented? planed for future version?). After all it would be like
> "enter" if you think root window is another normal window instead of
> special.

The usual rationale people give for strict follows-mouse though is
that they want to "disable" the keyboard by moving the pointer out of
all windows. I've heard this a few times. So they might be annoyed.

I'd say the desktop should be click-to-focus regardless of focus mode,
and also get focus if you push the "minimize all windows" hotkey.

KDE actually has a "minimize all windows and focus desktop" button on
the panel, but I'm not sure that's worth the clutter on the default
panel.

Havoc