[gnome-women] You're Invited! LibrePlanet 2014: Free Software, Free Society streaming & in person at MIT, March 22-23

Hello from the Free Software Foundation!

Mark your calendars, because the LibrePlanet conference is streaming live from MIT on March 22-23, 2014. The theme this year is Free Software, Free Society, and our keynote speakers include two amazing women (among many women speaking this year): Sue Gardner, Executive Director of the Wikimedia Foundation, and Karen Sandler, Executive Director of the GNOME Foundation.

How can free software protect journalists, whistleblowers, activists, and regular computer users from government and corporate surveillance? How can free software, or free software values like copyleft, community development, and transparency, be used by people fighting to create free societies around the world? What challenges are standing between us and our goal of free software ubiquity? With your help, we'll tackle these questions and more at LibrePlanet 2014.

We're creating our most advanced-ever free software streaming system for LibrePlanet 2014: If you are not able to attend in person, you can livestream the conference and watch recordings of the sessions afterwards. We encourage you to bookmark our streaming portal, libreplanet.org/2014/live. Participating remotely doesn't require any kind of registration.

At LibrePlanet, we bring together software developers, policy experts, activists, and computer users to learn skills, share accomplishments, and address challenges to software freedom. Newcomers are always welcome, and LibrePlanet 2014 will feature programming for all ages and experience levels. LibrePlanet 2014 is produced in partnership by the Free Software Foundation with the Student Information Processing Board (SIPB) at MIT.

If you are able to attend in person, FSF members and students attend LibrePlanet at no cost. The conference will also feature workshops in using free programs, talks and discussion panels with free software luminaries, plentiful networking opportunities, a cryptoparty hosted at the FSF's offices in downtown Boston, and a cocktail party and raffle on Saturday night. And as always, FSF founder and president Richard Stallman will be on hand to present the annual Free Software Awards.

More information is available at https://libreplanet.org/2014/: Register for LibrePlanet today. Becoming an FSF member will make your admission gratis and support the FSF's work year-round.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

--
Georgia Young
Conference Assistant