[gnome-women] Question about GSoC 2013

Hi all,

I'm currently a third year studying computer science student and am interested in working on a project for GSoC 2013 this summer.
I mainly work in Java and know some C#, but I'm looking through the GNOME projects page and it seems like the primary language used is C.
Would I still be able to contribute to a GNOME project with my current coding expertise?

I posted a similar thread in the gnome-love mailing list, but I also wanted to introduce myself to this community. :)

Thank you for all your help!