Re: [gnome-women] Require guidance to start with gnome-development

Hi Dheepikaa,

You can review different projects on

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove/Mentors
https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Ideas

and decide which one you are most interested in working on, contact a mentor for it, and ask them for a suggestion for a simple bug you can fix. This page gives you more ideas about how to find the first bug to fix:

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove/FindingTasks

For example, you can look at all the bugs marked with a "gnome-love" keyword (meaning they are good for beginners and the person who filed the bug can often help you fix it), sorted with the ones most recently filed first here:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=keywords%3Agnome-love

As for proposing a new feature, you can always do so by filing a bug in Bugzilla for the relevant module. As far as working on new features, it's best to first start out by working on the features that are already agreed-upon and designed, to get a better sense of the project. Here are some resources that can help you find such features:

https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Ideas
https://live.gnome.org/EveryDetailMatters
https://live.gnome.org/Design/Priorities
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeOS/Design/Whiteboards
https://live.gnome.org/Design/Apps

Bash is the command line that you get in the gnome-terminal and it is not a GNOME project itself. So adding undo functionality to the command line would not be a project within GNOME. Adding a comprehensive undo feature is likely very complex, which is why it is not currently part of bash or any major terminal.
http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/bash.html

Hope this helps and please let us know if you have questions any time!

Marina