Re: [gnome-women] Require guidance to start with gnome-development

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Neha <ndoijode gmail com> wrote:
Hi there,

It would be better to go through the list of GNOME projects and select a few to start with. [1]
Build the source code of the project you would like to work on using JHbuild.[2]

I'm trying to setup the build environment now. I'm getting through a lot of obstacles. In the mean time I'm going through the code i downloaded.

Look for a simple bug on GNOME Bugzilla.[3]
Write a patch for the bug, join the IRC of the relevant project to seek help.

How do I get to know simple bugs. It's a huge list there. I don't know which one to pick. Can you guide me through that.

If you need help choosing a project or building with JHBuild, you can ask on the #gnome-love IRC channel. If you haven't used IRC before, you can use Empathy or Pidgin (I like Pidgin because it is easy to use  http://www.pidgin.im/) to connect.

Good luck!

Meg Ford

Then look for features in the project's roadmap and try contributing.

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/
[2] https://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild
[3] https://bugzilla.gnome.org/

Cheers,