[gnome-women] Fwd: [Womeninfreesoftware] Two job openings on the FSF campaigns team

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Sullivan <johns fsf org>
Date: Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Subject: [Womeninfreesoftware] Two job openings on the FSF campaigns team
To: womeninfreesoftware gnu org

Please apply and/or spread the word to your friends who might be
interested. :)

# Two job openings on the FSF campaigns team

The Free Software Foundation (FSF), a Boston-based 501(c)(3) charity
with a worldwide mission to protect freedoms critical to the
computer-using public, seeks *two* motivated and organized
tech-friendly Boston-based individuals to be its full-time campaigns
managers.

Together, these positions form a team working closely with the
executive director and members of the FSF's board of directors to
plan, carry out, evaluate, and improve FSF's advocacy and education
campaigns.

The team will start by taking up responsibility for our existing
campaigns in support of the GNU Project, free software adoption, free
media formats, and freedom on the network; and against DRM, software
patents, and proprietary software.

Such responsibility includes:

  * planning both online and physical actions to achieve our campaign
    goals,

  * setting specific goals for each action and then measuring our
    success in achieving them,

  * doing the writing and messaging work needed to effectively explain
    our campaigns and motivate people to support them,

  * overseeing or doing the graphic design work to make our campaigns
    and their Web sites attractive,

  * working with our systems administrators on the technology choices
    and deployments -- especially of web publication systems like
    Drupal and Plone -- for our campaign sites, and

  * being an approachable, humble, and friendly representative of the
    FSF to our worldwide community of existing supporters and the
    broader public, both in person and online.

The campaigns team is also empowered and encouraged to develop new
campaigns to advance the FSF's charitable mission. If you can look at
<http://www.fsf.org/campaigns> and come up with proposals to improve
both the quality and appearance of the work described there, along
with ways to measure the success of your proposals if implemented, you
should apply.

In your cover letter, please tell us a story of a time you motivated
and organized others to take action on an issue important to you.

With our small staff of twelve, each person makes a clear
contribution. We work hard, but offer a humane and fun work
environment.

The FSF is a mature but growing organization that provides great
potential for advancement; existing staff get the first chance at any
new job openings.

## Benefits and salary

The job must be worked on-site at FSF's downtown Boston offices. An
on-site interview will be required with the executive director.

This job is a union position. The salary is fixed at $56,920/year and
is non-negotiable. Other benefits include:

  * full family health coverage through Blue Cross/Blue Shield's HMO
    Blue program,
  * subsidized dental plan,
  * four weeks of paid vacation annually,
  * seventeen paid holidays annually,
  * public transit commuting cost reimbursement,
  * 403(b) program through TIAA-CREF, and
  * yearly cost-of-living pay increases.

## Application instructions

Resumes and cover letters must be submitted via email to
<hiring fsf org>. The email must contain the subject line, "Campaigns
Manager." Resumes and cover letters should be attached in a free
format. Email submissions that do not follow these instructions will
be ignored.

**Applications must be received by Monday, July 23rd, 2012.**

The FSF is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate
against any employee or application for employment on the basis of
race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, handicap, or any other legally protected status
recognized by federal, state or local law.

## About the Free Software Foundation

The Free Software Foundation, founded in 1985, is dedicated to
promoting computer users' right to use, study, copy, modify, and
redistribute computer programs. The FSF promotes the development and
use of free (as in freedom) software -- particularly the GNU operating
system and its GNU/Linux variants -- and free documentation for free
software. The FSF also helps to spread awareness of the ethical and
political issues of freedom in the use of software, and its Web sites,
located at fsf.org and gnu.org, are an important source of information
about GNU/Linux. Donations to support the FSF's work can be made at
<http://donate.fsf.org>. Its headquarters are in Boston, MA, USA.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://identi.ca/johnsu01 | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.