[gnome-women] contributing to "The Architecture of Open Source Applications"

Hello,

We just released a book titled "The Architecture of Open Source Applications", the content of which is also available online under a Creative Commons license at http://aosabook.org. The project's over-arching aim is to show people how complex applications are designed, and why they are designed that way; as we say in the introduction, we want people to explain what the major components of their applications, how they work together (or don't), and most importantly, why that design was chosen, and what has been learned along the way.

We are now gearing up to do a second volume, and are looking for contributions that reflect and encourage diverse participation in open source software development. If you might be willing to write a chapter-length description of a medium-to-large open source application that you have worked on, or if you know someone who might want to do so, please get in touch with us at aosa aosabook org. Please note that all royalties from sales will be donated directly to Amnesty International, so you'll be helping a couple of good causes at once.

Thanks for your time --- we look forward to hearing from you.
Greg Wilson (http://third-bit.com)