Re: [gnome-women] Call for presentations: Women's mini-conference at linux.conf.au 2007

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006, priti Patil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on Govt. funded project and being a woman with small kid have
> been playing very crucial role in ICT development in India, so have lots of
> things to share and discuss with all of you.
>
> Unfortunately it won't be possible for me to attend the event without full
> financial support :-(
>
> Probably I would be missing an opportunity.....

That's a shame, we're going to lose a lot of excellent speakers due to
not being able to provide financial assistance. (linux.conf.au only
provides travel assistance to speakers accepted in the main track.)

We're hoping that this event proves to be a success and that people can
replicate it in their local communities or perhaps that something
similar can be run on a larger scale at a later date. Since this is the
first trial of the idea that I'm aware of, we're starting small.

-Mary