Re: [gnome-women] Help Host A Bug Day?

Mary Gardiner wrote:
On Thu, Jan 12, 2006, M��Duffy wrote:

Well... I wouldn't think we'd need to have people setting up dev environments (especially if they're new to GNOME, that could be a bit of a frustrating start ;-) ), I was thinking more bug triage work, e.g. like a traditional GNOME bug day (http://live.gnome.org/Bugsquad/BugDays).

Ah. Well, that should still be interesting as an occasional thing I
guess, but I'm personally more interested in an introduction to
development itself sometime in the future.

Let's make this the next event we plan then - maybe an introduction to Gnome development, i.e. how to set up CVS, jhbuild, etc. ? Probably would be good to focus on one application and pick out a few bugs to chew on ahead of time.

One idea I also had for a future event, which maybe is kind of silly but is the kind of thing I love to do - We could do a Gnome Women "theme", e.g., make a wallpaper and mocks for a gdm splash, gdm theme, metacity theme, maybe a gtk pixmap theme, etc., and have those prepared ahead of time, and then sit down and go through the process of writing a gdm theme, gathering icons & wallpaper and packaging them together into a gnome theme, etc. (ok these might be a session each ;-) ), and then at the end we'd have a cool Gnome-Women desktop theme for Gnome that we could submit to art.gnome.org. Just an idea. :)

~m