[gnome-women] Gnome Women Logo Contest

Hey Everybody,

We need a logo for the Gnome Women project! So, we're running a contest
for logo ideas. Even if you are not artistically inclined, submit your
idea and we'll discuss it on the list! If you are, that's cool too; you
can post the URL to your logo on list or just attach it to your email.
We'll decide on our favorites on-list and Diana and/or I will finalize
any work that needs to be done graphically.

We'll give two weeks for submissions, so the due date for submissions
is: Friday, Jul 15th. You can reply to this message with your submission
(s).

Some things to keep in mind when creating your logo:

o The current 'mission statement' of the Gnome Women project is: "GNOME
Women is a project to (1) provide encouragement for women to contribute
to GNOME (2) make visible the GNOME contributors who are women."

o Let's try not to reinforce too many gender stereotypes. It's hard, I
know.

o You can get an svg versios of the GNOME logo at:
http://linuxgrrl.com/gnomewomen/gnome2-fancy-pat.svg
(Normally there are multiple versions available at
http://www.gnome.org/~jdub/random/logo/ but the gnome servers were just
relocated physically and it looks like some stuff is still down.)

o Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org/) and sodipodi
(http://www.sodipodi.com/) are really nice vector graphics programs
suitable for creating vector logos in GNOME. ;-)

~m