[gnome-women] GNOME Bug Day tomorrow (Thurs Jul 21)

For those of you new to GNOME, this is a great learning opportunity!

~m

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com>
Date: Jul 20, 2005 10:26 AM
Subject: [gnome-love] bug day!
To: bugsquad <gnome-bugsquad gnome org>, gnome-list gnome org, Gnome-
Love <gnome-love gnome org>

Woot.

It is that time of the week^Wmonth^Wyear where we gather on IRC and
take a hack at bugzilla in order to help make the next GNOME release
higher quality. It's obviously been a while since we had these
regularly (though there was a small one last week) and they are needed
:)

So, some information for those who haven't heard of our bug days:

What is this thing you call 'bug day'?
==========================

Bug day is a day we get together on IRC, find bugs, and clean bugzilla
so that developers can get more work done by focusing on bugs that
matter instead of duplicates, unconfirmable bugs, and things that
they've already closed.

Who can help at a bug day?
====================

Virtually anyone. Bug day can be for the very timid, the very quiet,
or the very persistent.

You do need:
* decent ability to read English
* a user-level knowledge of GNOME
* 30 or so minutes of the day (the first time, after that you can do it
in very small chunks.)

You don't need:
* any programming ability
* any prior experience with QA
* a deep understanding of GNOME.

On the other hand, if you do have programming ability, it's also a great
way to get involved- after a few bug days, you can figure out what needs
help in gnome quickly and apply your talents there.

What will we focus on?
================

Focus this week will be on unconfirmed bugs- reading them, marking
them NEEDINFO if needed, confirming them if they are still in a newer
release, finding duplicates, etc. Easy and fun.

Where can I get more information?

Wow. I'm so out of practice I forgot to include details like 'where'
and 'when' :)

where:
irc.gnome.org #bugs

when:
thursday, july 21st, 8am EST->7pm EST (or longer if another bugmaster
can show up)

That is 1200GMT->2300GMT, for the rest of the world :)

Hope to see people there-
Luis