Re: extensions-web upgrade to Django 1.8 LTS

Hey Juri,

please get in touch with me on IRC (nickname av_work on irc.gnome.org)
so we can get this migration done anytime you prefer.

cheers,

Hello,

I almost finished porting extensions-web to latest Django 1.8 LTS (still
have some pending work). Changes made can be found in django/upgrade-1.8
git branch [1].

Previously used Django 1.4 branch stopped receive security updates since
2015 Oct.

How is the deployment process to extensions.gnome.org looks like? Can I
receive needed permissions or should I ask some one from infra team to
do all job?

Upgrade process should be easy.

1. Python environment should be upgraded (I will add missing versions
for sorl-thumbnail and pillow soon) [2].

2. I prepared shell script for easy DB schema upgrade [3].

3. Minor change [4] should be made to frontend HTTP server configuration
(I think Apache httpd is used).

4. local_settings.py should be reviewed to match Django 1.8 changes.

[1] https://git.gnome.org/browse/extensions-web/log/?h=django/upgrade-1.8

[2]
https://git.gnome.org/browse/extensions-web/tree/requirements.txt?h=django/upgrade-1.8

[3]