Huge UI design failure on the Gnome site

Pretty disconcerting to see gnome.org itself make the second biggest
mistake you can make in user interface design. (The first is not
putting any kind of confirmation prompt on the "launch nukes" or
"delete everything" button.) Try to post a comment on this article:

http://blogs.gnome.org/johan/2012/02/09/writing-a-mixed-gtk-javascript-application/

What happens? For me at least I get a "comments are closed" message -
but only after typing out the entire comment and pressing submit. So
why is the comment form even there? That's comparable to a restaurant
having a big neon "OPEN" sign, you go in and sit and look through the
menu, tell the waiter what you want, and then he informs you that the
restaurant is closed.

--
Sent from my Game Boy.