Error in documentation?

Hello,

I'd like to report an error in the GObject Reference Manual. I don't know if this is correct as I am a newbie but I think the sample code does not show what the description is specifying. Please tell me if I'm wrong because this is confusing me.
Thank you.

In the section  Instantiable classed types: objects on line

Every object must define two structures: its class structure and its instance structure. All class structures must contain as first member a GTypeClass structure. All instance structures must contain as first member a GTypeInstance structure. The declaration of these C types, coming from gtype.h is shown below:
struct _GTypeClass
{
  GType g_type;
};