Re: Thoughts for developer.gnome.org

On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 16:38 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-10 at 10:25 +1300, John Stowers wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 16:10 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > > [Originally posted by me to gnome-doc-list. Forwarding here.]
> > >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > We discussed a reboot of developer.gnome.org at the hackfest
> > > in Berlin. I'd like to make a (possibly crazy) suggestion
> > > about how we can proceed with this. I talked to fredp about
> > > half of this proposal on IRC.
> >
> > All I have seen of the new developer.gnome.org page is the screenshot at
> > that URL. Is there a real demo somewhere so I may better answer your
> > questions?
>
> Frederic Peters has some test code running here:
>
> http://lgo.0d.be/devcenter

Ive had a bit more of a play with this (and lgo.0d.be)

Further to the previous discussion I agree that splitting up library
into help.gnome and developer.gnome would make it a lot easier to
navigate - there is a too much content on lgo I think.

I think it would look the best if the landing page for
developer.gnome.org was the new demos, with quick links to gtk/glib/core
library apis stable versions

I also noticed that the python versions of the demos are not listed
there, despite being in git. Is the site just an old build?

Thanks,

John