Plone status

Hi again!

(I still remember all the Vinicius and WordPress stuff :D)

Just to make it easier for everyone and understand each other easily...

We have create (by now on gitorious me [1] and on github sven[2][3]) the
buildout (the script that generates/downloads everything from scratch)
again, but based on Plone 4, the last and greatest release of Plone.

Yeah, just a major version upgrade, but since the Plone effort was
started way ago (with Plone 2.5 around) things that are now stock (in
Plone 4) previously (in Plone 2.5) there was a need for manual coding
(tinyMCE comes to mind).

So tu summarize, anyone has the relevant live.gnome.org pages which
concern about the structure and type of documents which will have to
deal Plone with?

As a bonus, Plone has a products section[4] which is a collection of
products that can be added to Plone, with some ratings, descriptions,
versions, images and so on... that could be added to GNOME Plone site
with a one-line edition of a single file (and tweaked with some more
lines if needed) to provide a GNOME projects place (or the add-ons for
products which was discussed some weeks/months ago on foundation-list).

Obviously the first things are first, but I just added this example as a
matter of fact that with Plone, as a CMS as it is and the tons of
products (think products as in plugins) that can be added and customized
that it's way more powerful than WordPress (as a CMS, nothing to say
about blogging).

Cheers,

[1] http://gitorious.org/gnomeweb
[2] http://github.com/svx/gnomesite
[3] One of the nice things of git is that it can be everywhere without
having to loose anything, in the future though it would make sense to
move it to git.gnome.org
[4] http://www.plone.org/products

--
gil forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net
planet: http://planet.guifi.net