Re: Website - Pending Content Tasks

On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 19:40 +0000, Lucas Rocha wrote:
> > 2. Are there specific GNOME products we want to highlight or is this
> > page meant to be a complete list, or both?
>
> Desktop and Platform. For the Platform, we could provide a good
> summarized overview of:
>
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/platform-overview/nightly/
>
> Maybe Shaun and/or GNOME documentation team could help here?

I could put something together.  It would help me to see
the blurb for the desktop first, to get a sense of the tone.
My experience is in technical documentation, not marketing
copy.  But I can usually manage to monkey-see-monkey-do.

Are we only talking about the desktop platform, or are we
trying to push other Gnome-based platforms?

Note that I'm currently drafting a comprehensive plan for
restructuring our developer documentation.  This includes
figuring out which pieces deserve to be mentioned in the
Platform Overview.  I've started discussions about this in
the past, but we never come to any real conclusions.

I mention this because I think it affects what technologies
we should highlight on the products page.

--
Shaun