Re: ms may27 - front page implementation plan

Hey,

2009/5/26 johannes raggam <raggam-nl adm at>:
> Since live.gnome.org hangs, i send out my first draft of the front-page
> implementation plan this way.
>
> Whats the better place to publish the milestone deliverables?
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/TwoPointTwentyseven/CMS
> or
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/Plone/Implementation

Please use: http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/Plone/Implementation

Add a section called "Front page" there.

> in my plan there i point out 2 strategies to add content to the
> front-page... i prefer strategy 1 but this should be discussed.

IIUC, strategy 2 means we'll be directly editing front-page-specific
content, and strategy 1 means we'll indirectly edit content that will
show up on front page, right?

In terms of use cases, my impression is that editors will be only
adding news and updating banners on front page most of the time.
Let's see what we get from Content and Design teams first.

The important thing here is to have a flexible infra for the front
page that allows us to enhance it in the future. I have no technical
opinion about the proposed strategies though. I'd like to hear from
other Plone guys.

> ===== Implementation plan for website front page =====
>
> Collage is the ideal solution to build a frontpage because it allows
> editors to arrange pieces of content very freely. Though, a training (2
> hours) for editors is needed as Collage and associated concepts (adding
> content, integrating smart folders or RSS feeds in Collage) may be a bit
> complex.

I couldn't find any user documentation about collage anywhere...
Anyway, please make sure you add useful links to the wiki page, just
in case. As for the training, do you think an IRC training session
would be enough?

--lucasr