Next milestone - August 12 (Front page, About, Contact, Products and Download sections implemented, i18n prototype)

Hi all,

So, it seems we're pretty late in the schedule now. That's probably a
result of GUADEC and key people being too busy at the same time.
That's ok: the important thing is to know where we are in the process
and adapt accordingly. I updated the schedule to take the current
delays into account. I propose that we aim at getting the deliverables
from the previous 2 milestones (July 15 and 29) done for this
milestone. This means we'll have a lot of catching up work during this
cycle. We'll have less time for bug fixing but that's not a problem.

Milestone goals:

  http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWeb/TwoPointTwentyseven#head-d53fb12b906bce246f2e67f6d60ed4b12a8afb91

Suggestions/questions:

- CMS team: we need to get the continuous build infra running on GNOME
servers. We already have a test website running on
http://website-test.gnome.org. We just need to setup a cron job to
fetch latest code, build new code and redeploy the website. This
should be straightforward, right?
- CMS team: there's currently a major pending task that's blocking on
having someone (with Plone skills?) to work on: to implement the
proposed design as a Plone theme. Carsten has sent a technical
proposal[1] but no one has stepped up to get it done. Any volunteers?
- CMS team: what's the status of the i18n infra? Any progress?
- Design team: does anyone of you feel comfortable to work on the
Plone theming? That would be really helpful...
- Content team: the content of the About section seems to be pretty
much done, right?
- Content team: the content of the Contact section looks a bit sketchy
now. Let's just clean it up into something that feels complete and
finished.
- Content team: as a general guidelines, it's more important at this
point (especially on this milestone) to have a "finished" content than
the "ideal" one. This means that we can have something simpler for now
and have a plan to improve it later. The strategy now is to have
something to publish.

We can still make the beta website happen for 2.28. Let's just keep
the good work we're doing. I'm sure we can do it.

Cheers!

--lucasr

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-web-list/2009-July/msg00005.html