Re: help on start using git on a gnomeweb-wml project

Worked, thanks, not sure if i understand, but now it will be easier to try to get what each command does

bye, thanks

2009/7/1 Michele Mattioni <mattions gmail com>
On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Xavi de Blas<xaviblas gmail com> wrote:
> Hello, still without a solution
>
> I cloned all:
>
> git clone ssh://xaviblas git gnome org/git/gnomeweb-wml

Hi,

you always work in your own branch.

git checkout -b my_branch

Hack Hack Hack

1. git add .
2. git commit -m "My commit message here"
3. git checkout master
4. git pull # get all the changes happened in master
5. git checkout my_branch # Back in my_branch
6. git rebase master #The Black magic. Commit all you change on top of
the master ones
7. git checkout master # Back in master
8. git merge my_branch # It’s gonna be a fast forward merge
9. git push

instead of
5.
6.
7.

you can do
5b. git merge my_branch (when you are in master)

This will try to do a normal merge, if it fails you have to solve the
conflicts with
6b. git mergetool
and commit
7b. git ci -am "Solved the conflicts"