Re: implementing webdesign for plone

Hello, everyone.

I completely agree that having a different navigation lists according
to the page is not a good way to make it simple for the user. I
changed the pages and now all of them are using the standard sidebar
navigation list.

However, it might be a good idea to at least allow something like
that. Special pages (like the Release Notes) may have a 1-column
content, like Firefox does[1] (a content like this is actually very
easy to create using the grid system).

[1] http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/

I updated the template during the weekend and now it is using the way
you suggested. Instead of using <div class="grid_9"> and <div
class="grid_3"> for both content and sidebars, #container now can have
.two_columns.

#container still needs to use class container_12, since all the grid_*
classes need this as inherit element.

Do you think is a good idea to allow the edition of the pages using a
WYSIWYG editor? Won't it generate ugly source code? We need to make
sure the content of the page will be clear as handmade html. And since
we are using <div class="grid_*"> in several pages for handling
columns in the content, I think we need to have more control than a
visual editor can offer.

Thank you.

--
Vinicius Depizzol <vdepizzol gmail com>