Re: What help do you need?

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 08:36 -0400, Christopher Warner wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 18:39 +0100, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Some people in the Plone community have noticed that progress seems to
> > be stalled here. A few people are offering to help out.
> >
> > To make it possible for them to do so, I think we really need a
> > statement from you about:
> >
> >   - what has been done?
>
> Rework of portlets from Plone 2.x ot Plone 3.x
>
> >   - what remains to be done?
>
> That is all.
>
> > We also need some details about logistics
> >
> >   - where's the current code?
> If you are going to be doing this, might as well start with
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnomeweb-plone/trunk/

Christopher, I remember that you acquired some screenshots of the old
Plone test site, but I don't think you've put them online anywhere, or
emailed them. They would help everyone, I think.

And I should be clear that the current aim for any work is to get the
web site up and running as a test site. It doesn't sound like much but
it's proved very difficult so far. It's not worth planning any
additional work until we are past that huge obstacle.

The first mini task in that is to provide instructions that allow any
body (such as a Plone-ignorant person like me) to set it up on their
local computer, running a popular distro such as Ubuntu.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com