Re: The problem on the foundation front page

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 08:12 -0300, Bruno Boaventura wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2007 2:53 PM, Richard Stallman <rms gnu org> wrote:
> > That is a legitimate approach, and it can be helpful as you say.
> > However, those precise words are subject to the reading, not intended,
> > which Sergey saw in them.  Perhaps a rewording, or a link to
> > http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html,
> > would help clarify this.
>
> I have the same thought. A link to www.opensource.org can bring out
> the idea: "Free Software" =  "Open Source".

I would prefer GNOME to officially withdraw from GNU rather than be
repeatedly subject to the thought police. We happily represent a range
of opinions and can't possibly be forced to forever avoid any mention of
something that you don't agree with and/or be forced to promote exactly
what you think is important this week in exactly the words that you
dictate to us. No, I don't want to argue with you about it.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com